Thursday, July 19, 2012

Costuming

Not only do I like to draw, but I also do some sewing occasionally. The next thing that I plan on sewing is a medieval outfit inspired by the character, Queen Ravenna, from the movie Snow White and the Huntsman.

Queen Ravenna
I loved the costuming that was done in this movie!

As you can see, these costumes incorporate a lot of metallic accents, which is what I would like to do with my costume. 

I am using a pattern, so the dress is based on that, however I added my own elements to the design, such as the color scheme, the sleeves, and also the jewelry accents that will be on the dress itself. 

In the photo of my drawing, you see a color key to indicate what materials will go where on the dress. The places that read "main fabric" and "gray silk" will have these materials there (the black and silver fabric, being the main fabric and the gray silk being just that.)

It will take me a while to complete this, as it is not only a very complex design, but also involves buying a lot of materials. My goal is to start on this project in the next few months. 

Thank you for reading! :) Please comment on my blog, and share it with others!

Note: I do not own the copy written characters or photos above!

No comments:

Post a Comment