Thursday, October 25, 2012

Paper Mache: Loki Scepter - Stage 4

Hello everyone! I've been really busy lately, so I haven't gotten a chance to update my blog recently.

I've been able to cover the scepter with paper mache clay, but I still have to put the coat to harden the sculpture.

This is one side of the scepter...

... and this is the other. 

I had to cut part of the scepter towards the top. I watched the Avengers a few more times since I started this project, and I began to realize that the spear part of the scepter was significantly shorter that I had made it originally. 

Here are all of the steps that I've taken to complete this project:
1. I drew the shape of the spear on some cardboard and used that shape to trace a second template.
2. Then, I placed the 2 pieces together and glued them, placing pieces of cardboard towards the handle to give it a 3D look. 
3. I then wrapped the sculpture base in masking tape. 
4. Using paper mache clay (the recipe is at: http://ultimatepapermache.com/) I covered the object in the clay.
5. Using pencil, I drew the places where the engraving on the scepter should be, and then applied glue over those places to act as barriers. 
6. Using more clay, I applied another layer of the clay on top of the sculpture. 
7. I then used sandpaper to give the sculpture a more even finish. 

As I said, I still have to apply the hardening coat on the sculpture. Once that's done, I can finally paint it!

I hope you've enjoyed the progression of this project! Please share my blog! Thank you! :)

Note: I do not own any copy-written characters above!!

No comments:

Post a Comment