Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Latest Artwork: Wolverine!

Here's my latest drawing!

My latest drawing is of Wolverine! :) One of my favorite X-Men! (Along with Nightcrawler, and Gambit, and Storm, and...) Anyway, I haven't drawn any superheroes for a while, and just felt like drawing one. I looked at a drawing of Wolverine and drew that figure, but all of the background and foreground details are my own. Trying to expand and add a world for the character to be in!

I've been trying to draw things - specifically people - without looking at anything, but in my recent anatomy drawings (which I'll be posting to my blog soon), I've gotten more practice in sketching the human form. That being said, I'm continuing to learn how the human form is able to move by following other artist's examples, reading books about how to draw superheroes, and making sketches of people in photographs to gain even more experience in understanding anatomy. This drawing only took about an hour and a half to draw (the shading took  a bit longer), when it once would have taken me all day long to get the proportions right. I definitely feel more comfortable drawing people than I have in the past!

If I get the chance, I'll be writing a few more posts over the next few days, and may even get the chance to draw some new characters! As always, please share my blog, and leave any comments or suggestions you have, below!

Note: I do not own the copy-written character above!!

No comments:

Post a Comment