Thursday, December 11, 2014

Doctor Who - Cyberman

Another costuming activity that I'm working is the Cyberman implant from Doctor Who. This is made out of puffy fabric paint.

This is the best photo I can find, of what's in the episode. 

This helps to give an idea, how large it is. I made it a bit too big, but it still looks cool.

The fact that it's too big actually works out. While I really like it, I have now idea as to how I would wear it without the paint sticking to my face. I was planning on covering it in liquid latex, but I don't think that would work. I still what to try it, but I do have another idea. 

Something I might be able to do is use sculpey clay, sculpt this design, bake it, and then cover it with liquid latex. I can do a few layer of latex, and let it dry. Once it dries, I can use metallic silver paints, paint the top, wait for it to dry, and then add more latex on top.

This is the puffy paint brand I used. It really looks like metal, once it's dried.

 Thanks for taking a look at my blog! If you have any suggestions on any improvements I can make, post away in the comments. Be sure to comment and share! :D

 Note: I do not own any of the characters or photos above, and am in no way affiliated with Tulip paints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment