Sunday, December 21, 2014

Paper Mache: Loki Scepter - Stage 6

I know I haven't blogged about my paper mache Loki scepter, for about two years now, but I truly am, FINALLY almost done with this project! :D  Here it is, with the base coats of the metallic gold and silver spray paint.


Unfortunately, there was a HUGE crack in the clay in the middle of the scepter, so I had to use Gorilla tape to repair it, and then spray paint over it. The crack was in a spot where the scepter could snap and any second. Unfortunately, the tape hid all of the detail on the handle, but has kept it from breaking, so far. 

Since it doesn't look like what I had hoped, this will be a steampunk scepter, and will later complete a revised Loki scepter. I'm thinking that the revised Loki scepter will have to have a tutorial to it... ;D I'll try, but it's not a guarantee...

Over this next week, I'll be embellishing the scepter, with gears, metal plates, rivets, etc., and adding paint to make it look old and run down. Hoping it will look good, and will go with the steampunk Loki outfit I'll eventually make! (If you missed the post, look for the, "More Costuming Ideas," post from earlier this month)

Thanks for reading! As always, please comment and share :)

Note: I do not own any copy-written characters above!!

No comments:

Post a Comment