Sunday, April 15, 2012

Painting - A Pastime

When I'm not drawing while watching Star Trek, Eureka, or Firefly on Netflix, I like to paint. Often times I paint murals in a non-profit organization as well as painting watercolor pictures. I am fairly new to watercolor, but I really enjoy it! :)

A mural I did at an adoption agency. 

Close up. 

Close up.

I put a cardinal above the Comments and Suggestions box, to make it almost look like a bird house. I wasn't allowed to paint the box itself to decorate it... Oh well! :)

Throughout the agency, I painted kids faces along the molding on the wall.











In a bathroom I painted this....

...and this.

In another bathroom, I painted this. 

This is the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. For the submarine, I used shimmering gold paint, so that it glints in the light, and actually looks like metal!! I had to draw the design out on the wall, and paint the each square piece by piece, and outline it piece by piece by piece. I couldn't just paint the entire thing with gold and then outline it with the black, because I would get the placement on everything completely wrong. It took me FOREVER to complete Capt. Nemo's ship, but in the end, the effect was well worth it! (And I would paint this again in a heartbeat if I could - the finished product is always rewarding!)

This was my first watercolor painting. It's very simple, but I like it. :)

This is my second 

A sunrise over a lake. Sorry the quality is so bad. :( I had to take this pic with my cell. Then my cat decided to walk on it, and ruined it.

A humming bird and a flower.

Hope you liked my paintings! Over the summer I will be completing more paintings/murals! Please share my blog! :) Thanks for reading!

Note: I do not own any of the copy written characters in this post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment