Sunday, April 15, 2012

People

This post is all about people. I've always had trouble with drawing people, especially eyes, noses, and mouths. However, since 2008 I have gotten a lot better. For a while I focused on anime, and as crazy as it sounds, that really gave me a foundation in where I needed to place the eyes and mouth in relation of to the head and the nose are. So, let me show you my drawings in this category!

An Na'vi from James Cameron's Avatar

I think that this was one of my first attempts at really trying to draw a realistic person. I drew this so long ago, I can now see so many mistakes I made with this one! LOL :)

When I finished this one, I was so proud that I got the shading right, the proportions correct, and everything else. I think that I could do a lot better now, and so I'm thinking about redoing this one...

TRON: Legacy!

I tried drawing a real loose and quick sketch while drawing this.

Another loose sketch. I did this one free-handed. 

This drawing really made me realize that with practice I can succeed at drawing anything (because I've had so much trouble drawing people in the back). At that point, compared to my previous attempts at drawing a realistic person, this was a HUGE improvement. 

An elderly man.


A kid skipping rocks across a lake.



 A native American

My favorite character, from Star Trek, The Next Generation, Lt. Commander Data. When I went to a convention, I actually met Brent Spiner (who was Data on the show) and not only got his autograph and had my picture taken with him, but I gave him this drawing! :) It was great!

Deanna Troi from Star Trek, The Next Generation.

The Borg Queen from Star Trek. This picture is from Star Trek, The Next Generation movie, First Contact.

I went to a convention, and was able to meet Peter Jurasik. He played Londo Mollari on a show called Babylon 5, and was also in the original TRON movie. I really liked his character, and so I decided to draw the character for him. He was very surprised that I drew that for him! I will never forget that weekend - after giving him and Stephen Furst drawings (see below), I went to a Q&A panel with Stan Lee!! The three days that I spent at the convention, were the BEST! :D

At the same convention where I met Peter Jurasik and many other people, I also met Stephen Furst, who played Vir Cotto on the same TV show. Vir was my favorite character on the show and I really wanted to show my appreciation for his work on the show. I drew this on the way to the convention (I only had about 2 hours or so)), and was able to give it to him. That weekend was AWESOME!!

The character Lennier from Babylon 5 as well. After the convention was over, I wanted to try and draw this character too. I think I did pretty well! :) However, the only things that I would fix if I redrew this would be the length of the nose and the position of the eyes.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the improvements I've made! Thank you, all, and please give me feedback! Thanks again! :D

Note: I do not own any of the copy written characters above!



No comments:

Post a Comment